The University of St. La Salle, a non-stock and non-profit corporation, was established in 1952 by three American Brothers under the umbrella of the Philippine Province of the Brothers of the Christian Schools which is an international institute of religious dedicated to the service of mankind with special concern for the poor, through education.
As a Catholic institution of learning offering to both men and women an educational program designed to develop their talents and abilities towards becoming truly contributing members of society, the University Of St. La Salle is committed to a curriculum that emphasizes person-development as an integrated and wholistic process of spiritual, social, intellectual and physical growth.
The institution was elevated to university status on July 5, 1988, with the College of Engineering, College of Education, College of Nursing, College of Law and the Graduate School.
The Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business and Accountancy and Education obtained PAASCU Level 3 accreditation.
The following programs have been designed as CHED Centers of Development: Business and Accountancy, Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Computer Engineering.
In SY 1993, the College of Law was opened in inauguration rites.
On March 2, 1996, a new campus was christened in ground breaking rites at Granada, the future site of a Science and Ecological Park.
In SY 2002, the University of St. La Salle opened the College of Medicine.
Throughout its existence, the University has produced topnotchers in board and bar examinations, and maintained superior passing rates.
The University has produced leaders in the field of business and industry, art and culture sports and education, the various professions, and public service.
In its 50 years of service, the University continues to keep faith with the with the vision and mission of St. John Baptist de La Salle, proclaimed by the Catholic Church as the Patron Saint of Teachers.