Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
The Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs is responsible for the over-all development and supervision of the academic, extension, and research programs of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the chief operating officer for academics, research and extension.
- Coordinates with the Vice Chancellor for Administration to the availability, allocation and improvement of support services and physical facilities to ensure that the academic function is given highest priority.
- Coordinates with the AVCAA and other officers in planning and determining priorities within their areas of responsibility.
- Reviews and endorses the annual budget proposals of academic heads other officers and supervises the implementation of budget needs and requests.
- Supervises the related academic functions of the institution such as research and community extension to ensure that institutional objectives in instruction, research and extension are properly implemented and coordinated.
- Chairs and presides at regular meetings of the Academic Affairs and other key committees.
- Maintains liaison lines with parents, administrations, faculty, students and non-teaching staff.
- Liaises with the CHED, PAASCU, and other agencies on policies, rules and standards concerning academic, research and extension activities.
- Evaluates the performance of all officers under his/her supervision.
- Assumes other functions, duties and responsibilities and analogous, germane, related to and/or implied from the above.
Reports to the President/Chancellor
- the AVCAA
- the College of Law Dean
- the College of Medicine Dean
- the Graduate School Dean
- the Business Resource Center Director
- the Extension Services Director
- the University Research Center Director
- the University Librarian
- the University Registrar