College of Medicine
The USLS College of Medicine has two campuses:
- the main campus at La Salle Avenue where the main lecture halls and the University Library are located; and
- the Health Sciences Campus adjacent to its government affiliate hospital, the Corazon L. Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital where the laboratories are located.
Mission and Objectives
The USLS College of Medicine seeks to provide quality medical education which promotes academic excellence, ethical practice, the spirit of inquiry and research, and Christian values anchored on the Lasallian charism of faith, zeal and service.
Animated by the spirit of St. John Baptist de la Salle, the College of Medicine aims to produce competent, compassionate and ethical physicians who are motivated by their Christian faith and are committed to serve the health needs of the province and the country, especially the poor.
Specifically, the College of Medicine aims to provide courses in basic and clinical sciences that will:
- equip students with knowledge, skills and attitudes in the practice of Medicine;
- nurture the spirit of inquiry and research to address current health needs;
- inculcate the highest ethical standards of medical practice among students; and
- provide students with activities that will encourage a holistic formation of their personhood.